We felt it was about time for an update on all of Jessica’s upcoming projects. She’s landed so many new movie roles lately, and you can always access our news page here, but we figured it could be useful to have a separate post as well.
- First up is her leading role in the mini-series Labyrinth, based on the novel by Kate Mosse.
(There’s still no set date for when the series will air, all we know is that it’ll be on Channel 4 sometime this year)
- This spring/summer she’ll be filming the indie romantic comedy Not Another Happy Ending in Glasgow, together with Karen Gillan and Emun Elliott. This is also set to be released in 2012.
- She’ll also be filming Shoplifters of the world, an ensemble comedy directed by Stephen Kijak, this summer. Set in 1987, the film is based on true events when an American man was devastated by the breakup of the Smiths and broke into a heavy metal radio station, taking the DJ hostage and demanding that he play non-stop Smiths songs.
- In June she’ll be filming the comedy/drama Lullaby in New York, together with Garrett Hedlund and Amy Adams, among others.
- In October she’ll be in New York again, filming Winter’s tale, where she has the lead role as Beverly Penn, a young, dying girl who finds herself enchanted with a thief breaking into her home. As of now the movie is set to be released in 2013.
- Sometime in 2013 she’ll be filming the movie Driven, a crime thriller based around director Davin Leon’s own childhood experiences growing up in Newcastle in the late ’80s and early ’90s.
In addition to these new projects, she’ll of course be back playing Lady Sybil in the third series of Downton Abbey, premiering in September.